"We made gods and jailers because we felt small and ashamed and alone. We let them try
us and judge us and, like sheep to slaughter, we allowed ourselves to be... sentenced.
See! Now! Our sentence is up." - Grant Morrison, "The Invisibles", 3:1
Welcome to the Puzzlebox Wiki! Its primary purpose is to serve as a collaborative repository for background information about the world and its inhabitants. It also contains information about out-of-character administrative issues, and discussions about the philosophies and inspirations behind Puzzlebox.
Wikis are user-editable. Log in, if you haven't already, and start making some changes! Fill in the holes... or make some new ones...
- The muck itself is at muck.puzzleboxmuck.org, port 8890. You can also use port 8888, and for secure sessions, port 8899. For the technically minded, note that secure sessions require telnet over SSL.
Within the vast world of Puzzlebox, most of the action on the muck takes place in a series of habitats called The Mess.
The Mess is divided into six Warps:
- Up, a clinical but benevolent technocracy
- Down, a cyberpunkish urban ruin
- Top, pastoral home of aristocrats and aesthetes
- Bottom, a perpetual Dionysian street festival
- Charm, land of whimsy and fantasy
- Strange, crawling with horror and corruption
There are plenty of places to see within the six Warps, and a few notable places between and beyond the Warps, too.
- Plots - summaries and backstory on current RP plots.
- Old plots - The (disputed) past. Also see Lies.
- Repose - Bungee connect? Catch up here.
- Buzz - IC rumors, requests, chatter, and innuendo.
- Quotes - Pithy wit from the Puzzlebox.
- Gallery - Links to art about Puzzlebox from its joint creators.
- Concepts - topics, backgrounds, and themes
- Cliches -- boldly going where everyone has gone before
- Meta - exploration and philosophizing
- Gripe - complain to the Functions, we just work here
- Glossary - in-game concepts explained
- Media Resources - bibliography of recommended fiction, art and other experiences
- We'd Love To See - new OOC ideas from the players
- Players Wanted - selves for the selfless
- Research - suggest real-world topics of relevance
Please note that the information presented on this wiki is not strictly canonical unless otherwise noted. As a user-edited site, it's more accurate to think of this as a hotbed of rumor and hearsay, and not an encyclopedia. Feel free to correct the misapprehensions other authors have; the same ideals of mutual creation and harmony apply to this project as they do to the muck itself.
Note: if you edit a page and then decide to make further changes to the same page, be sure to reload the edit page the second time around. Otherwise, the first set of changes might go missing without your noticing.
If you have problems with the CSS used in this site displaying improperly - or if you just prefer black text on white - click on 'Preferences', below, and set the stylesheet URL at the bottom to
- it'll be much less pretty, but should be completely legible on any browser. (A prettier and graphics-free alternative: